- ROI = Total Return – Initial Investment.
- ROI % = Total Return – Initial Investment / Initial Investment * 100.
- Annualized ROI = [(Selling Value / Investment Value) ^ (1 / Number of Years)] – 1.
Also the question is, how do you calculate return on stock in Excel?
- Quick Navigation.
- ROI = Net income / Cost of investment.
- ROI = Capital gain / Cost of investment.
- ROI = [(Ending value – Beginning value) / Cost of investment]
- ROI = [(Ending value / Beginning value) ^ (1 / Number of years)] – 1.
Quick Answer, how do you calculate return on stock investment? ROI is calculated by subtracting the initial value of the investment from the final value of the investment (which equals the net return), then dividing this new number (the net return) by the cost of the investment, then finally, multiplying it by 100.